Welcome to White Birch Web Design
Hi my name is Lisa. I am currently an out of work web/graphic designer who is hard working and looking for work in the web design field. I specialize in standards-based web design and development. I started this company with one goal in mind, to build simple, beautiful webpages that make your information easy to find and your users happy.
Your one stop shop for custom Web design. This site is still a work in progress as all good sites are. The web is all about information! Information that is constantly changing needs to be updated and refreshed with new information. While your probably not physically interacting with your customers or potential customers, your site is, therefore you need to make sure your site is working for you not against you.
Anyone can create a Web Site on the internet, however it takes a little more skill and effort to create something that will have the wow factor, that will take you and your business to the next level.
Ideally your site should have some of the following.
- Good color scheme (A rainbow is beautiful in the sky, but not as a color scheme for text.)
- Easy to navigate and understand.
- Consistently updated content.
- With all the new Smart phone and Tablet technology, you need to make sure your site is adaptable to different screen resolutions.
- SEO also known as Search Engine Optimization. If you want to stand out against all the other sites, you need this.
- Social Media, such as Facebook is too big to ignore. If your business is not on there, you're missing out big time.
White Birch Web Design is fairly new to the Web Design scene.
Today my skills are new and improved. Now I can also do some coding to give the user the interactive experience most have come to expect. I have also picked up some good Flash skills. Stay tuned for more information coming soon.
I have been using Alison, a free online courses and certifications place to learn more. Here are some of my certifications and Diplomas I have recieved and I am always working on more.
|Introduction to PHP and MYSQL Programming||Fundamentals of HTML 5||Adobe Flash CS3||Adobe After Effects||Adobe Photoshop|
|Google Webmaster||Web Page Development||Getting Your Business Online||Introduction to Adobe Connect|
|Diploma in Web Business Development and Marketing||Diploma in Web Design|
I am currently enrolled at Daytona State College in the Internet Services Technology program.
In 1995, I graduated from Massasoit Community College with an Associates in Science Degree. While attending Massasoit I was a member of the Student Senate, and a Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Society.
I also won a number of awards and did a number of things. All of these I did while being a housewife, mother (on a full-time basis), and taking care of a neighbors 2 young children on a part-time basis. So you can have you cake and eat it too. You just need the determination and drive.
The awards that I have won and the interesting things I have done while at Massosoit Community College are:
- Outstanding Student Senator Award ("For her devotion and excellence on behalf of the students association. For your leadership and friendship we present you this award on this day, May 29, 1995.")
- Green Key Society ("In recognition of your leadership, satisfactory academic progress, and unselfish contribution to this College and the Community of which we are a part, Massasoit Community College bestows its highest honor for service and dedication.")
I was also a member and active in the following committees and activities:
- Secretary for the Phi Theta Kappa Society
- Fill in Secretary for the Student Senate
- Involved with the Massasoit Food Drives
- Volunteered at the Buckley Fine Arts Center during theater productions
- Volunteered at the CHOICES office
- Tutored on an informal basis
- I was chosen by my peers to attend the Phi Theta Kappa Conference in Washington D.C.
- I was chosen by my peers to represent them at a State House conference on Education
- Chairperson for the Phi Theta Kappa Bake Sale Committee
- Member on the Honors Study Topic Committee
- Graduate Marshal
- Work Study Program (Marketing Department, 20 hours per week)
Email: Webmaster ©2012 White Birch Web Design